How Add Value Through Maintenance (Recycling) I
CREATIVE AND CULTURAL ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Values and Maintenance
TOPIC: How to Add Value through Maintenance (Recycling)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to discuss how to add value through maintenance e.g. by recycling.
The pupils are required to already have learned value and maintenance.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture showing persons cleaning, materials and tools used in art work.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – Wikipedia, EcoMENA
Related Posts –
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Recycling is the process of converting (change) waste materials into new materials or objects.
Recycling can prevent the waste of potentially useful materials and reduces the consumption of fresh materials, thereby reducing: energy usage, air pollution (from incineration), and water pollution (from landfilling).
Recyclable materials include many kinds of glass, paper, and cardboard, metal, plastic, tires, textiles, and electronics.
HOW TO ADD VALUE THROUGH MAINTENANCE (RECYCLING)
Art and recycling goes hand-in-hand. Artists are, nowadays, transforming old, recycled and reused object into amazing pieces of contemporary art.
Artists are expressing their emotions and ideas through a wide range of recyclables glass, cans, plastics, CDs, PET bottles, broke tiles, etc.
Value added to broke tiles
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
- Explains the meaning of recycling;
- Pupil’s Activities – Define recycling.
- Discuss how to add value through maintenance (recycling).
- Pupils’ Activities – State how to add value the maintenance – recycling.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (relationship between values and maintenance).
- Next Lesson – Recycling Functional Art Work I.
Pupils to –
- explain the meaning of recycling;
- name two relationship between value and use of old things.