TOPIC: Reasons for Cares of Computer Users
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to state reason why we should take care of human ware.
The pupils are required to already have learned caring for computer hardware.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chair, table and computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Computer Studies for Primary Schools by Datalink page 4/Tanus page 74 Book 6
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
- Computer and Society
- Career Opportunities in Computer
- Misuse of Computer
- Cares for Computer Hardware
- Cares for Computer Users
- Reasons for Caring for Computer Hardware
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Human ware refers to the human beings that use the system. In other words, the users of the computer system are the end – users and professional alike.
REASONS FOR CARING FOR COMPUTER USERS
Reduce fatigue – using the computer for a long time causes fatigues, tiredness, and other forms of human unrest. This situation, if not checked, may have a hazardous effect on the health of the user.
- Stimulate interest in computing
- Promoting healthy habits – by practicing good posture and taking breaks to allow the body to rest.
- Supervise the children’s use of the computer.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
- Gives reasons for caring for caring for computer users;
- Pupils’ Activities – List ways of caring for computer users.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (revision).
Pupils to list ways of caring for computer users.