PRIMARY 4 AND 5
TOPIC – HOW I SPENT MY LAST HOLIDAY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and able to:
- narrate a story;
- write a composition on a given topic.
Reading and Writing
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture/charts of exciting events.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
- MY FAVOURITE HOLIDAY ACTIVITY
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the content of the composition with pupils. Each mentioning their own memorable day;
- Pupil’s Activities – Talk about their experiences with regard to the event.
- Let them say why it is memorable;
- Lets them write it as a creative piece of writing to go on display on the notice board;
- Pupil’s Activities – Write two or three paragraphs on their own memorable day.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupil to –
- narrate their own story;
- write their own composition on a topic of their interest.
WORK BOOK (WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT)
- Write a composition on How I spent my last holiday.