FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
INSTRUCTION: Answer all the questions.
Read the passage carefully and answer the following question.
l like long Holidays. l like to take trips in our family car. My brother likes to stay at home. Last holiday, My mother took us to her mother’s village. Nee Nwanyioma welcomed us. She was so happy to see us.
Nee Nwanyioma made my favourite foods. l had a plate of fufu and ofe nsala. My brother didn’t eat his food. He likes to eat junk food. He does not like to feed Nee Nwanyioma chickens. He likes to chase them too.
We spent lots of special time together in the village. l was sad to go home at the end of the holiday.
a. Why does the girl like long holiday?
b. How did she feel at the end of the holiday?
c. Junk food means
d. Did her brother enjoy the holiday?
e. Where did she go for her holiday ?
Choose the correct answer from the options given.
1. She _______________ the car yesterday
2. One of these is not a type of noun
[a] uncommon noun
[b] proper noun
[c] common noun
3. My father _________________ at the bank.
4. The baby _______ slept well today.
5. They ________________ caught the thief.
6. Please __________________ kunle and l go and visit our friend
7. We have a big house. There is _______________ space.
[b] a lot of
8. Those books belong to all of us . They are _________________ .
9. The monkey ate a _________________ of banana.
10. _________________ went to visit grandma.
11. The dog belongs to him. It is _________________.
12. Don’t _________________ with fire.
13. My hands were dirty, so l _________________ them.
14. He has _________________ them at one o’clock every day.
15. l have lived in mower _________________ two years.
16. She has liked dancing _________________ she was small .
17. My brother is going to _________________ united states of America.
18. She eats _________________ apple everyday.
19. We should ……………….. our teeth everyday.
20. My uncle ………………… a new car last month.
1. Fill in the gaps with collective nouns:
a. A _________________________ of actors.
b. A __________________________ of angels.
c. A ___________________________ of insects.
d. A ____________________________ of kings.
2. Complete the table:
Positive Comparative Superlative
a. Bad worse _________________ _________________
b. Little _________________ _________________
c. Old. _________________ _________________
d. _________________ More beautiful __________________
3. Underline the verb from the following sentences :
a. My mother bought a new car.
b. She sang a very good song.
c. Peter and Olu are jumping on the field.
d. My brother won the prize for the best student.
4. Define Noun.
b. Choose the correct pronoun.
a. ( l , it ) like long holidays. ( us , They ) are fun.
b. ( Her , She ) was happy to see ( we, us ) .
c. We packed to go on ( them , our ) holiday.
d. Did ( she, him ) hug her grandmother.
5. Fill in the gaps with correct form of word given in the bracket.
a. The shop sells many …………………………….. ( glass ) .
b. She has three beautiful ……………………. ( child ) .
c. My …………………….. hurt ( tooth ) .
d. ………………………. ( lady ) and _________________( gentleman ) the ceremony begins “now’’ said the pastor.