CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AND SOUNDS
PREVIOUS LESSON – MUSICAL INSTRUMENT AND SOUNDS – LOCAL MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC: FOREIGN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. define foreign musical instruments.
2. differentiate between local and foreign instruments.
The pupils are required to already have learned to local musical instruments.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts and pictorial material showing diagrams of some musical instruments, rattles, xylophone, recorders, violin etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOREIGN MUSICAL INSTRUMENT
Foreign musical instruments are objects that are used by foreigners to produce their own music which are incorporated into the Nigerian music.
- Drum set
- Electric guitar
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2.bGuides pupils to explain the meaning of foreign musical instruments.
Pupil’s Activities – explain the meaning of foreign musical instruments.
3. Lets the pupils differentiates between local and foreign musical instruments.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiation and writes down in the notebook.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – classifies four families of local. instruments.
1. explain the meaning of foreign musical instruments.
2. name at last three foreign musical instruments.
3. differentiate between local and foreign musical instruments.