COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – COMPUTER SYSTEM
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC: CARE OF COMPUTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to list ways of taking good care of a computer system.
The pupils are required to already have learned micro computer size.
Input Devices – keyboard, mouse, camera, webcam, touch pad, scanner, light pen, microphone, joystick, modem, CD/DVD writer, etc.
Output Devices – monitor, printer, speaker and headset, multimedia projector, modem, CD/DVD writer, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Neat duster, cotton wool, computer system, furniture, spirit, antivirus CD.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Computer hardware is the physical component of computer that we can see and touch.
CARE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE
1. Position the computer properly.
2. Keep in an appropriate (air conditioned) environment.
3. Avoid liquid dropping into the system.
4. Avoid food particles.
5. Use dust covers.
6. Unplug the system when not in use for long.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates ways of caring for the computer.
Pupil’s Activities – Watch teacher demonstrate care of the computer.
3. Guide pupils to clean the system using neat duster.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in caring for the computers in the school computer laboratory.
4. Guide the pupils to draw up a roster for caring for the school computers.
Pupil’s Activities – Clean the computer system in their school.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – reasons for taking care of computer hardware.
Pupils to name three ways of caring for the computer.