TOPIC: Banking Method of Cooking
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- discuss the baking methods.
- state advantages and disadvantages of baking method.
The pupils are required to already know how to cook.
Related links – Boiling methods, Steaming Method of Cooking, frying method of cooking , Stewing Method of Cooking, Roasting Method of Cooking,
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts showing the different cooking methods.
- Food ingredients for meal preparation.
- Cooking pot, stove, oven, frying pan, etc.
- Relevant books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Baking method is the method of cooking food with dry heat in an enclosed space. Baking is done in an oven, e.g. bread, cake, biscuits, etc.
ADVANTAGES OF BAKING METHOD
- It develops good flavor in food.
- Different foods can be bake at a time.
- It saves cost and time.
DISADVANTAGES OF BAKING METHOD
- It requires attention.
- It requires careful temperature
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on baking methods of cooking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- Gives a board summary.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – simple meals.
- state 2 advantages of baking method.
- state 2 disadvantages of baking method.