ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TOPIC: Virtuous Acts in Islam
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- list some behaviours that are virtues for Muslims.
- explain the behaviours and give examples.
- explain the benefits to the individuals and the community.
- apply them in their daily life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- A chart containing list of virtuous acts.
- Verses of the Qur’an and some Hadith that relate to these acts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Virtue is a behaviour showing high moral excellence or standards.
- Doing good and refraining evil
EXAMPLE OF BAD DEEDS
EFFECTS OF BAD BEHAVIOURS
- Value disorientation
- High crime rate
- Low investment
- No play dates with friends
- Loss of privilege
- No access to a favorite activity
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Defines what is meant by virtue.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively.
- Provides examples of virtuous acts or conducts.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give example of good deeds.
- Gives examples of those that lead virtuous life.
- Gives examples of those that lived evil life and how they ended.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give example of bad deeds.
- States advantages of living virtuous life.
- Mentions consequences of living an evil life.
- Mention famous Muslims you know and explain why they are famous ten virtuous acts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – Al Asma Ul Husna.
- list some behaviours that are virtuous from Muslims.
- explain the good conduct and give example.
- mention the benefit to individuals and for their community.
- demonstrate some of these qualities.