TOPIC: Acids and Bases
- Lesson One – Meaning and Properties of Acids
- Lesson Two – Meaning and Properties of Bases
- Lesson Three – Types of Acids and Bases
- Lesson Four – Uses of Acids and Bases
- Lesson Five – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- give examples of acids and bases.
- list some physical properties of acids and bases.
- state types of acids and bases.
- list some uses of acids and bases.
- distinguish between acids and bases.
Acids and bases are two kinds of special chemicals. Some or almost all liquids are either acids or bases to some degree. The concept acids and base will enable the pupils to understand, appreciate and know whether a liquid is an acid or base.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Wood ash
- Blue and red litmus papers
- Glass or plastic container.
- Palm oil
- Cans and containers
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Dirty Handkerchief.
There are some acids in nature, most of them are obtained from unripe fruits like orange, lemon, grape, pawpaw and guava. The word acid is what so many people do note want to hear. This is because they think that acids are corrosive. and burn. Their beliefs about acids as harmful substances is correct but not all acids are corrosive, burn and harmful.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PLAN ON ACIDS AND BASES
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – ACIDS AND PROPERTIES OF ACIDS docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – BASES AND PROPERTIES OF BASES docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – TYPES OF ACIDS AND BASES docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – USES OF ACIDS AND BASES docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 5 – REVISION AND TEST