ASEI – PDSI LESSON PLANS AND NOTES
- Lesson One – Soap
- Lesson Two – Local Materials Used of Making Soap/Soap Ingredients of the Materials
- Lesson Three – Sample of Materials used for making local black and modern soap
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- List three uses of soap.
- State the different colour of soap.
- Mention three characteristics of soap and give examples.
Soap is a substance that we use every day. All these kinds of soap are useful to us. We use soap to wash our bodies, to wash our clothes and to wash other things.
There are many kinds of soap – the local and modern. The local soap is black. While, the modern soap is white. Other kinds are pink, green, yellow, blue or any other colour. Some soaps are hard. Some soaps are soft.
The concept of soap making will enable learners to understand and appreciate the local and active ingredients used in making soap and the uses of soap.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of sample/chart of local materials used in making soap.
The learners know the uses and important of soap. In this lesson, the learners will learn both local and modern materials used in making and how to make soap by themselves.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology book 5
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – SOAP MAKING docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – MATERIALS USED FOR MAKING LOCAL AND MODERN SOAP docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – SAMPLE OF MATERIALS USED FOR MAKING LOCAL BLACK AND MODERN SOAP