TOPIC: Responsibilities of Constituted Authority to her Citizens
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention and explain the responsibilities of constituted authority to her citizens as written in the constitution.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures, Charts, or Posters of leaders with constituted authority – Ọba, Emir, governor, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY TO HER CITIZENS
- Maintenance of law and order.
- Provision of social amenities – education, hospitals, electricity, etc.
- Safe guarding lives and property.
- Protecting political rights.
- Provision of employment opportunities.
- Protection of material resources in the country.
- Raising and spending public money on behalf of the people.
- Promotion of the economic development of the country.
- Protection of the country from internal insurrection and external
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the discussion on the responsibilities of constituted authority;
- Listen to the teacher.
- Guides the pupils to identify school officials (e.g. headteacher and teachers as an examples of constituted authority;
- Participate in discussions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – examination.
- Identify 3 responsibilities of constituted authority.
- List 3 responsibilities of constituted authority