TOPIC: Hard Work and Laziness
RELATED POSTS –
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to discuss how to discourage laziness and encourage hard work.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts listing the suggestions.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
THIRD TERM RELATED POSTS –
- our duties and Obligations to governments,
- duties and obligations of citizens to government,
- pressure groups,
- social injustice,
- communicating social injustice to leaders,
- advantages and disadvantages of pressure groups,
- attitudes to work,
- workers protesting against inadequate payment,
- civil society groups,
- some civil society groups organizations in Nigeria,
- moral education and importance of moral education.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Laziness is unwillingness to work or use energy; idleness.
REWARD FOR LAZINESS
- No promotion
- Become beggar
Hard work is willingness to work, putting a lot of effort and care into work.
REWARD FOR HARD WORK
- Increase in salary
WAYS OF DISCOURAGING LAZINESS
- Discourage by less payment.
- Denial of promotion, etc.
ENCOURAGE HARD WORK
- Providing jobs
- Review of payments rewards
- National honour, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses hard work in the home, school etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussion.
- Guides discussions on how to encourage hard work and discourage laziness.
- Pupil’s Activities – Make suggestion and give reasons to support their views.
- Encourages pupils to make suggestion and defend their views.
- Summarizes the discussion.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – work protest against inadequate payment.
- suggest two ways to discourage laziness and encourage hard work.
- mention two rewards for hard work in the school, home and the nation.