TOPIC: Some Civil Society Organizations in Nigeria
RELATED POSTS –
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to give examples of civil society groups in Nigeria.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pamphlets on civil society
- Pictures of the church, mosque, etc.
- Video clips on activities of civil society Photograph of civil society activities.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
THIRD TERM RELATED POSTS –
- our duties and Obligations to governments,
- duties and obligations of citizens to government,
- pressure groups,
- social injustice,
- communicating social injustice to leaders,
- advantages and disadvantages of pressure groups,
- attitudes to work,
- workers protesting against inadequate payment,
- civil society groups,
- some civil society groups organizations in Nigeria,
- moral education and importance of moral education.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
EXAMPLES OF CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS IN NIGERIA
- Campaign for Democracy (CD)
- Joint Action Committee (JACON)
- Citizens Forum for Constitutional Reforms
- National Democratic Coalition (NADECO)
- Civic Liberation Organization (CLO)
- Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC)
- Human Rights Watch (HRW)
- Pan Niger Delta Forum (PNDEF)
- National Democratic COALITION (NADECO)
- Other Civil Society Groups are made made up of charity, professional and business associations, clubs, ethnic groups and trade unions.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to mention civil society groups in the communities;
- Pupil’s Activities – Name various social groups in their community.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – moral education.
Pupils to give 5 examples of civil society groups in Nigeria.