TOPIC: Shutting Down Computer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Close all opened windows.
- Shut down the computer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of functional computer.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – ComputerHope.com
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
STEPS FOR SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
- Click the Start button
- The Start Menu opens
- In the Start Menu, click Power, then click Shut down
- Off the monitor
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
- Demonstrates steps for shutting down computer;
- Pupil’s Activities – Shut down computer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Computer Games.
- Discuss the steps for shutting down computer.
- Shut down computer.