CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
TOPIC: Importance of Value in Cultural and Creative Art
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the importance of value in arts and craft.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and diagrams showing good values in the Nigerian culture.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – MELROSE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS BOOK 4
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Meaning of Value
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Methods of Inculcating Value
Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Art
Improvisation of Art Materials – Meaning of Improvisation – as in 7 and 8
Improvisation of Art Materials – Materials and Alternatives
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IMPORTANCE OF VALUE IN ART AND CRAFT AND MUSIC IN THE SOCIETY
Value helps art and craft and music in the following ways:
- It sets standard about how art is to be practiced.
- It guides the practice of art by setting rules.
- It shows how knowledge in art and craft, and music is to be transferred from one generation to other.
- It helps provide solution to problems about the practice of art and craft and music.
- It helps art and craft and music to embrace new inventions in the practice, such as improvisation and recycling.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson – examination. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- State the importance of value in arts and crafts and music.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention the importance of value.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Introducing Value Cultural and Creative Art III
Pupils to state the importance of values.