CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
TOPIC: Methods of Inculcating Value – Costume and Make Up
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state ways of inculcate values into culture and creative arts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and diagrams showing good values in the Nigerian culture.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – MELROSE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS BOOK 4
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Meaning of Value
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Methods of Inculcating Value
Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Art
Improvisation of Art Materials – Meaning of Improvisation – as in 7 and 8
Improvisation of Art Materials – Materials and Alternatives
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
METHODS/WAYS OF INCULCATING VALUES
Costume – Costume is an outfit that enables someone to be suitable for a particular activities. For examples, an outfit of a pastor, alfa, herbalist, witch, half human and half fish, etc.
Make – Up – Make up is something used to create appearance different from original look during a play. For example – gray hair or beard, tribal marks, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson – introducing value in cultural and creative art III. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- State ways of inculcating values.
- Pupil’s Activities – Note ways of inculcating values.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – characteristics of value in cultural and creative art.
Pupils to explain two ways of inculcating values.