CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
TOPIC: Improvisation of Art Materials
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- identify some materials and their alternatives.
- study the similarities and characteristics of improvised materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Red mud
- Stem for color
- Flat edge stick for letting pen
- Soft wood with raffia
- Grass for brush.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Meaning of Value
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Methods of Inculcating Value
Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Art
Values and Improvisation
Improvisation of Art Materials – Meaning of Improvisation – as in 7 and 8
Improvisation of Art Materials – Materials and Alternatives
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MATERIALS AND ALTERNATIVES
The following are the materials and their alternatives:
- color (leaves, red mud, roots, stems, etc.)
- lettering pen (flat edge stick)
- brush (soft wood with raffia, grass, etc.).
Help the pupils to make the following improvised materials –
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lists some art materials and their alterative.
- Pupil’s Activities – List art materials and their alternatives.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – revision and test.
- Identify two improvise materials and their alternatives.
- Name two similarities and characteristic of improvised materials.
- Use and display improvised material and their output.