CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
TOPIC: Meaning of Improvisation
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the meaning of improvisation.
- name some art materials and their alternatives.
- make some art improvised materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Red mud
- Color from leaves.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Meaning of Value
Introducing Values in Cultural and Creative Art – Methods of Inculcating Value
Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Art
Values and Improvisation
Improvisation of Art Materials – Meaning of Improvisation – as in 7 and 8
Improvisation of Art Materials – Materials and Alternatives
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF IMPROVISATION
Improvisation is also known as alternative materials. These are the available materials used instead of the original materials that are not available. Examples are colour (green leaves red mud, etc.) pen (charcoal), gum (starch) brush (grass or animal skills), etc.
ART MATERIALS AND THEIR IMPROVISED ONES
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the meaning of improvisation.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and copy notes.
- Names some art materials and their alternatives.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention some improvised materials and alternatives.
- Assists pupils to improvise some materials.
- Pupil’s Activities – Improvise some art materials.
- Uses and displays improvised materials.
- Pupil’s Activities – Display use and improvised materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Values and Improvisation II – MAKING IMPROVISE MATERIALS
- explain the meaning of art.
- name two materials that can be improvised.
- improvise two art materials.
- displays art materials and their improvised alternatives.