CREATIVE AND CULTURAL ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Recycling for Functional Art Works I
TOPIC: CHARACTERISTICS OF RECYCLED PRODUCTS
Recycling is the process of change (converting) waste materials into new materials or objects.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
- identify the characteristics of recycling products;
- characteristics of recycled products.
The pupils are required to already have learned recycling for functional art works.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- plates and cups
- decorative hems
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Arts for Basic School 6
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Related Posts –
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Recycled materials can be turned to functional artworks. For example, any materials such wood pallet, plastic, cups or bottles, etc. and little creativity, you can and create a beautiful functional artwork.
CHARACTERISTICS OF RECYCLED PRODUCTS
- Recycled products are functional. That is, they serve useful purposes.
- They are very strong and durable. They last long and do not break easily.
- They make the environment look beautiful since they are converted to something useful and so do not litter the environment and make it untidy.
- name two characteristics of recycled products;
- produce functional art work using recycled products.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the characteristics of recycled products.
- Pupil’s Activities – State characteristics of recycled products.
- Produces objects using recycled products.
- Pupil’s Activities – Produce recycled from products.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (relationship between values and maintenance).
- Next Lesson – Revision and Test
- name two characteristics of recycled products.
- produce functional art work using recycled product.
Word for Today –
Whatever God has promised you, the seeds are already within you. Water them, nurture them, and don’t let anyone uproot them through unbelief.