CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Recycling Functional Art Work I
TOPIC: Recycling Functional Art Work
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- name item that can be produced for recycling;
- state the methods of recycling products into finished art work use in the home;
- produce art works useful in the home through recycling.
The pupils are required to already have learned maintenance by recycling.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- plastic bottles
- charts, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Fundamentals of Cultural and Creative Arts for Basic School 6
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Related Posts –
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Recycling is the process of converting (change) waste materials into new materials or objects or another function.
PRODUCING RECYCLING WORK
Paper Mache – is an easy to make, hard material that can be used to cover various surfaces. It is often used in arts and crafts to make various sculptures like Nigerian coat of arms fruit bowls, puppets, dolls and much more.
Method of Paper Mache
- A bowl or large container;
- Flour, wallpaper powder/paste, or white glue;
- Your base structure;
Soak newspapers and used papers in water for two to three days. Squeeze out water from it, pound to mix well with other materials.
Old papers can be pound and bound with starch paste pulp can be used to produce useful and functional arts works such as flower vase.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Names some items that can be produced by recycling;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher.
- States the method of recycling products into functional art.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the method of recycling produce and asks question.
- Assists pupils to produce works through recycling.
- Pupil’s Activities – Produces art works through recycling other products.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson (relationship between values and maintenance).
- Next Lesson – Recycling for Functional Art Works I.
- name items that can be recycled;
- state method of recycling one item;
- produce an art work through recycling;
- display items.
- Note writing.