PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: PATHOGENS, DISEASES AND THEIR PREVENTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES I
TOPIC – Diseases Preventive Measures
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Explain diseases preventive measures.
- List at least 6 types of diseases preventive measures.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Third Term Related Posts –
Scheme of Work Related Posts
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Diseases Preventive Measures are necessary steps taken to prevent the spread of diseases and from contacting these diseases.
DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES
Some of these steps are:
- Good hygiene
- Good ventilation
- Health education
- Enough rest
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains disease preventive measure;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation on diseases preventive measures.
- Leads pupils to list diseases preventive measures;
- Pupil’s Activities – List ways of preventing disease.
- Questions and answers;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Drug Education
- Explain disease preventive measure.
- List 6 diseases preventive measures.