PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: PATHOGENS, DISEASES AND THEIR PREVENTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES II
TOPIC – Drug Use, Drug Misuse and Drug Abuse
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to differentiate between drug misuse and drug abuse
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing various drugs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Third Term Related Posts –
Scheme of Work Related Posts
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A drug is any substance that can change the activities of the body. Some of these substances can make us sleepy, excited, awake or take away pains. There are drug that capable of affecting the mind, emotions, and behavior.
MEANING OF DRUG USE
Drug use is normally used according to doctor’s prescription.
MEANING OF DRUG MISUSE
Drug misuse is the wrong used of drug. Mostly without doctor’s prescription or ignorantly, not understand the use of such drugs.
MEANING OF DRUG ABUSE
Drug abuse is the wrong (misuse) of drugs to get self drive. Drugs used this ways are not prescribed by doctors, nurses or pharmacists.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the meaning of drug use, misuse and abuse;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s activities.
- Questions and answers;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Differentiate between drug misuse and drug abuse
Pupils to differentiate between drug misuse and drug abuse.