COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION COMPUTER STUDIES BASIC 3
TOPIC – Identification of Storage Devices
- Internal Storage Devices
- External Storage Devices
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the term storage device.
- identify types of computer storage devices.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Floppy disk
- Compact disk
- Hard Disk
- Flash disk
- Magnetic tape
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Storage devices are parts of computer systems.
TYPES OF COMPUTER STORAGE DEVICES
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays and explain a system unit on the table.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a system unit on the table.
- Shows pupils types of storage devices.
- Pupil’s Activities – Examine the storage devices on display.
- Guides pupils to list types of storage devices
- Pupil’s Activities – Make attempts to mention types of storage devices.
- Writes short notes on them.
- Guides pupils to identify different types of computer storage devices.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify different types of computer storage devices.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
- identify and mention three types of storage devices.
- mention three differences between storage disk and storage drive.