THEME: AGRICULTURAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – SIMPLE FARM TOOLS
TOPIC – Animal Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Name animal farm tools.
- identify animal farm tools.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Different farm tools e.g. hoe, cutlass, spade, shovel, rake, pick axe, wheelbarrow, fishing nets, hook and line, baskets, watering troughs, feeding troughs, etc.
- Poster, charts and pictures of farm tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Basic Agriculture for Primary Schools Pupils’ Book Four
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – LEGIT.NG INFOGUIDENIGERIA.COM
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
There are many kinds of tools used in animal farms. An animal farm is a place where we rear animals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, fish and poultry.
ANIMAL FARM TOOLS
Common farm animal tools are –
- Fishing nets
- Hook and line
- Watering troughs
- Feeding troughs
- Lantern, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays the animal farm tools in class.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify animal farm tools.
- Give a board summary.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – find out the uses of animal farm tools.
- Next Lesson – Description of farm tools
- list 4 farm tools.
- state the uses of hoe, hand trowel, rake, matchet, on the farm, fishing net, hook and line.
- mention the uses of wheel barrow, watering can, head pan in the farm.
- maintain farm tools.