THEME: AGRICULTURAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION AGRICULTURE BASIC 4
TOPIC – Simple Crops Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- name farm tools.
- identify farm tools and their uses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Different farm tools e.g. hoe, cutlass, spade, shovel, rake, pick axe, wheelbarrow, fishing nets, hook and line, baskets, watering troughs, feeding troughs, etc.
- Poster, charts and pictures of farm tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Basic Agriculture for Primary Schools Pupils’ Book Four
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – LEGIT.NG INFOGUIDENIGERIA.COM
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Farm tools are the equipments or instruments that are used on the farm.
CROP FARM TOOLS
Farm tools are the equipments that are used for clearing, cultivating, planting, harvest, etc. on the farmland.
Examples of crop farm tools are the cutlass, hoe, rake, garden fork, spade, shovel, axe, pickaxe, wheelbarrow, secateurs, shears, sickle, head pan and watering can.
Crop farm tools can be put in groups as:
- Cutting tools
- Digging tools
- Pick axe
- Garden fork
- Hand trowel
- Digging fork
- Carrying tools
- Head pan
- Wheel barrow
- Gathering tools – Rake
- Watering tools
- watering can
- Water hose
- Water tank
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays the farm tools in class.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify farm tools.
- Give a board summary.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – Find out the uses of farm tools.
- Next Lesson – Simple Animal Tools
- list 4 farm tools.
- state the uses of hoe, hand trowel, rake, matchet, on the farm, fishing net, hook and line.
- mention the uses of wheel barrow, watering can, head pan in the farm.
- maintain farm tools.