THEME: AGRICULTURAL TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – MAJOR USES OF FARM TOOLS
TOPIC – Description of Animal Farm Tools
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to identify and describe the animal farm tools and their uses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Different farm tools e.g. hoe, cutlass, spade, shovel, rake, pick axe, wheelbarrow, fishing nets, hook and line, baskets, watering troughs, feeding troughs, etc.
- Poster, charts and pictures of farm tools.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Basic Agriculture for Primary Schools Pupils’ Book Four
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – LEGIT.NG INFOGUIDENIGERIA.COM
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
There are many kinds of tools used in animal farms. An animal farm is a place where we rear animals, such as cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, fish and poultry.
DESCRIPTION OF ANIMAL TOOLS
Common farm animal tools are –
Fishing nets have woven ropes. There are different types of fishing net – scoop net, gills net and cast net.
Fish traps can have the form of a fishing weir or a lobster trap. Some fishing nets are also called fish traps, for example fyke nets.
It is made of a hook fixed to a string or twine and tied to the end of a long slender pole.
Watering trough is a container made of plastic or metal.
It has a container made plastic and metal.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Displays the animal farm tools in class.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify animal farm tools.
- Pupil’s Activities – Carry out proper maintenance of tools after use.
- Give a board summary.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Assignment – Describe and draw animal farm tools.
- Next Lesson – Major Uses of Animal Farm Tools
Pupils to list and describe 4 animal farm tools.