CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Examination Cultural and Creative Arts Basic 6
TOPIC: Values and Maintenance
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Meaning of value.
- Relationship between values and maintenance.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture showing persons cleaning, materials and tools used in art work.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information – Wikipedia
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Value is the level of importance of some thing or action that determine or describe the importance of different things or actions.
Values are proscriptive and prescriptive beliefs because they affect ethical behavior of a person.
Values determine the course of actions or outcomes. Value driven maintenance
Maintenance is the process of keeping things in a good condition so that it may be continuously used. Maintenance preserve the value placed on things.
Maintenance is done through testing, servicing, repairing or replacing the parts, rebuilding, and reclaiming.
RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VALUES AND MAINTENANCE
- Both are importance place on things and actions.
- Both preserve things and actions.
- Both determine the course of action.
- Both bring about better results.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the meaning of value and maintenance, give examples.
- Pupil’s Activities Discuss with the teacher the meaning of value and maintenance.
- Discusses the relationship between value and maintenance.
- Pupil’s Activities – Contribute to the discussion on relationship between value and maintenance.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Values and Maintenance
- AssigFind out the importance of values and maintenance.
Pupils to name two relationship between value and use of old things.