THEME: READING AND WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION ENGLISH STUDIES BASIC 2
TOPIC – Reading Comprehension
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Read correctly a given passage.
- Discuss the main points of the passage.
- Answer questions on the main points of the passage.
- Write answers to comprehension questions on the passage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Picture of objects in the passage
- Flannel board
- Course book
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WEEK 1 – A Stubborn Goat
WEEK 2 – The University Zoo
WEEK 3 – The University Zoo
WEEK 4 – Birthday Invitation
WEEK 5 – More about Parts of the Body
WEEK 6 – Birthday Invitation
WEEK 7 – Eno’s Mother returns from the farm
WEEK 8 – Bola’s Village House
WEEK 9 – Musa’s House
WEEK 10 – Ever Slow Tortoise
WEEK 11 – Using ”always”, ”something”, ”often”
WEEK 12 – Revision and Examination
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Reads the passage and guides pupils to do the same.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen carefully to the model reading.
- Explains the main points.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice reading on their own.
- Guides pupils to read the main points using questions as guide.
- Pupil’s Activities – Reads for the main points using teacher’s questions as guides.
- Write the few questions on the board and call pupils attention to these.
- Pupil’s Activities – Write the answer to the questions in their notebooks
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – The University zoo
- Read a given passage correctly.
- Discuss the main points in the given passage correctly.
- Answer on the main points of the passage correctly.
- Answer oral/written questions on the passage.