THEME: LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION ENGLISH STUDIES BASIC 2
TOPIC – Simple Dialogue
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Ask questions and answers correctly through simple dialogue.
- Practice the use of the rising and falling tones in questions and answers correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Sentence strip
- A volunteer pupils for rehearsal
- Other suitable materials
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
SIMPLE DIALOGUE – EXAMPLES OF THE DIALOGUE
- Question – Who is your teacher?
Answer – My teacher is Mr. Michael.
- Question – Where is the teacher?
Answer – He is in the class.
- Question – Who is Mr. Segun?
Answer – Mr. Segun is Head teacher.
Answer – Yes, he is.
- Question – Can I see him?
Answer – Yes, you can.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains what dialogue is.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation.
- Gives examples of dialogue shown in the content column.
- Gets pupils to repeat the dialogue ensuring that the correct stress and intonation are observed.
- Pupil’s Activities – Repeat the dialogue after the teacher observing the correct stress and intonation (rising and falling tones).
- Guides pupils to practise the use of the rising and falling tones correctly.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice the dialogues in twos and in groups, both inside and outside the classroom.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson –
- Ask 2 questions and answer correctly through simple dialogue.
- Practice the use of the rising and falling tones in questions and answer correctly.