PREVIOUS LESSON – SECOND TERM EXAMINATION HOME ECONOMICS BASIC 5
TOPIC – Simple Relevant Clothing Articles
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention some simple relevant clothing articles.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Sample of clothing articles like apron, cap, etc.
- Sample of materials needed for making simple clothing articles.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Clothing is an items worn on the body. Clothing can be made of textiles, animal skin, or other thin sheets of materials put together. Simple clothing articles are mainly articles used in preparing and serving meal.
SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES
The simple clothing articles include –
- Tray cover
- Tray cloth
- Oven glove
- Hand towel
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES
Basic materials used in making simple clothing articles are –
- Hand needles
- Thread (different colours)
- Tailor chalks
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Describes simple clothing articles.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain simple clothing articles.
- Shows sample of simple clothing articles.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify simple clothing articles.
- Guides pupils to make a list of materials used in making simple clothing articles.
- Pupil’s Activities – A list of materials used in making simple clothing articles.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – How to produce simple clothing articles.
- List 5 simple clothing articles.
- Mention 5 materials needed in making simple clothing articles.