PREVIOUS LESSON – SIMPLE RELEVANT CLOTHING ARTICLES
TOPIC – How to Produce Simple Clothing Articles
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to make a simple clothing articles – apron.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of materials needed for making simple clothing materials – apron.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Simple apron is easy to make in an hour or less.
SIMPLE CLOTHING ARTICLES THAT CAN BE PRODUCED
- Tray cover
- Tray cloth
- Oven glove
- Hand towel
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING APRON
- Brown paper
- thread that matches fabric
- Measuring tape
PREPARATION OF PATTERNS AND CUTTING OUT
- Make a paper pattern of apron, belts, neck band and pocket.
- Straighten the fabric.
- Fold the fabric into two with the right side together.
- Place patterns pieces on the fabric.
- Pin the pattern pieces and cut out.
- Transfer all patterns making to the fabric.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Makes a list of simple clothing articles that can be produced.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention some simple clothing articles that can be produced.
- States the materials needed for making apron.
- Pupil’s Activities – List all materials needed for making apron.
- Guides and discusses the preparation of patterns and cut out.
- Pupil’s Activities – Prepare patterns and cut out.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Making up simple apron.
Pupils to prepare patterns and cut out apron.