BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI
TOPIC: Simple Machines – Pulleys
- Lesson One – Meaning of Pulleys and Examples of Pulleys
- Lesson Two – Types of Pulleys
- Lesson Three – Applications of Pulley
- Lesson Four – Note/Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- recognize and identify simple pulley machines.
- identify and describe the different uses of pulley machines in everyday life
- distinguish between fixed and movable pulleys.
- make and use pulley machines to do work.
Pulleys are simple machines that people use to gain an advantage, such as making work easier. Advantage is a gain in effort, distance, or change of direction resulting from the use of a simple machine.
Pulleys are used to lift heavy loads or to roll parts of a complete machine.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Metal/wooden/plastic rollers
- Charts showing uses of simple pulleys
- Simple pulleys.
Sowing machine and grinding machine are common simple machines (pulleys) known to pupils. In this lesson, the pupils will understand and appreciate the application of pulleys.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES