TOPIC: Uses of Pronouns
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- identify pronouns;
- use pronouns in making sentences.
- The pupils are required to already have learnt…
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Real objects
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A pronoun a word used instead (to replace a noun) of a noun.
Pronoun used to represent people or things. They are used to make sentences less repetitive.
For example – I, you, he, she, it, we, they.
- Noun – Segun is a nice boy.
Pronoun – He is a nice boy.
- Noun – Michael likes ice cream.
Pronoun – He likes ice cream.
- Noun – The radio doesn’t work.
Pronoun – It doesn’t work.
Get an approval course book for more examples.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to use nouns and pronouns in sentences;
- Pupil’s Activities – Use nouns and pronouns in making sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Pupil to: identify pronouns in statements/sentences and construct five sentences using pronouns.