TOPIC – Copying A Poem with Emphasis on the Format
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Copy a poem.
- Read the poem for enjoyment
- Memorise a poem.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Cardboard on which a poem has been written
- A suitable class anthology.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
COPYING A POEM WITH EMPHASIS ON THE FORMAT – CROOKED SONG
- The important aspect of format is, every line begins with a capital letter.
I went to a crooked bush.
And cut a crooked stick,
I stuck it by a crooked yam.
And took a crooked hoe,
I dug the crooked yam again.
And gave it to a crooked girl
who cooked it on a crooked fire.
And gave it to a crooked man.
Who ate the crooked yam.
- The poem should be copied exactly as it is on the printed page.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the subject of the poem.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the subject of the poem guided by the teacher.
- Reads the poem to the class.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher read the poem.
- Guides the class to read it in turns.
- Pupil’s Activities – Recite a similar poem on the same subject if possible.
- Encourages them to memorise the poem.
- Pupil’s Activities – Memorise the poem if possible.
- Supervises them copy the poem correctly in their books.
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the poem correctly, beginning every line with a capital letter and ending each with line where it ends in the poem.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Continue reading… COPYING A POEM WITH EMPHASIS ON THE FORMAT – CROOKED SONG docx
- Copy a poem correctly.
- Memorise the poem for enjoyment.