BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Shape Construction with Paper
- Lesson One – Introduction to Shape Construction
- Lesson Two – Materials and Cutting Tools Used for Shape Construction
- Lesson Three – Shape Construction Methods – Folding and Bending Methods
- Lesson Four – Revision
- Lesson Five – Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- state the meaning of shape construction.
- list materials used for shape construction
- identify and state tools used in shape constructions.
- fold and bend cardboard to form an object.
Shapes can be flat and 2-dimensional, like a rectangle or a triangle. However, shape construction is the making of different 3-dimensional shapes such as cylinder, cone, funnel, box, etc. using paper. Materials can be reshaped. There are different methods used in shape construction such as: folding and bending. The various materials used in shape construction will determine the type of method that will be used.
The concept of shape construction will enable pupils identify and organize visual information.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Sheet of metal
Folding and bending are some of the methods of shape construction. The pupils fold, bend cut and join materials to form shapes like triangle, square, rectangle, box, aeroplane boat, etc.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – INTRODUCTION TO SHAPE CONSTRUCTION docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – MATERIALS AND CUTTING TOOLS USED IN SHAPE CONSTRUCTION docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – SHAPE CONSTRUCTION METHODS – FOLDING AND BENDING docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION, QUANTITATIVE AND TEST