SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Scale Drawing
- Lesson One – Scale Drawing – Lines
- Lesson Two – Scale Drawing – Rectangle and Square
- Lesson Three – Scale Drawing – Football Field
- Lesson Four – Quantitative and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- draw plans according to a given scale.
- apply and use scale drawing in converting lengths and distances of objects in his/her environment to any scale.
Drawing is a way of making marks to represent an object. You can’t have technology without making something first. A drawing that shows a real object with accurate sizes reduced or enlarged by a certain amount is called the scale. A scale tells what the length of object, map or plan represents in real life. Scale is shown using a ratio.
It is important therefore that children are exposed to the practice of scale drawing early enough to enable them to develop the skills of technical drawing.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Different scale
- Measuring apes
- Drawing book
- Graph sheet
Drawing of an object is practical. This is done on daily basis by the pupils. They drawn in almost all subjects, mostly without scale. This lesson will expose them to drawing wíth appropriate scale.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – SCALE DRAWING – LINES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – SCALE DRAWING – RECTANGLE AND SQUARE SHAPES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – SCALE DRAWING – A FOOTBALL FIELD
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – QUANTITATIVE AND TEST