BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Frictional Force
- Lesson One – Introduction Friction
- Lesson Two – Overcoming Friction
- Lesson Three – Effects of Friction
- Lesson Four – Advantages and Disadvantages of Fraction
- Lesson Five – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- explain Frictional Force as the resistance between two surfaces in contact.
- mention instances of the application of Frictional Force in daily activities
- state the advantages and disadvantages of friction.
Friction is the force that prevents free or smooth movement. Friction plays a vital role in our daily life. Without friction we are handicap. Despite the fact that the friction is very important in our daily life. It also has some disadvantages. The concept of Fraction will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of friction in our daily life and how to overcome its disadvantages .
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Rough surfaces e.g. wood.
- Smooth surfaces e.g. glass.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials – City Collegiate – Friction
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – INTRODUCTION TO FRICTION
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – OVERCOMING OR REDUCING FRICTION
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – EFFECTS OF FRICTION
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF FRICTION
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 5 – REVISION AND TEST