SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
- Lesson One – Identifying the Litre as a Unit of Capacity
- Lesson Two – Capacity of containers
- Lesson Three – Measuring Liquid
- Lesson Four – Lesson Evaluation
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- identify litre as a unit of measuring capacity.
- measure liquid e.g. water using a graduated cylinder up to any stated number of litres.
- identify the need for accuracy in measuring liquids e.g. kerosene, water petrol, etc.
Liquids have no regular shape. Its volume is calculated by the capacity of the container they are held in. Capacity is the measure of the amount of liquid in a container. The concept of capacity will enable pupils to identify litres as standard unit and measure liquid accurately.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Empty used Syringes,
- Graduated cylinder,
- Empty containers, etc.
There are different types of containers – small, medium and large. Containers such as spoons, cups, water bottles, etc. are used at home and in the school. These containers are used for the pupils based on their needs.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 2
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – REPEAT THE LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REPEAT THE LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 5 – Study the following containers.