BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
- Lesson One – Magnet, Magnetic Materials and Non Magnetic Materials
- Lesson Two – Properties of Magnets
- Lesson Three – Uses of Magnets
- Lesson Four – Making Magnets
- Lesson Five – Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- state the properties of magnets.
- group materials into magnetic and non magnetic materials.
- state common applications of magnetism.
- make and use magnets.
Magnetism is a force that can attract (pull closer) or repel (push away) objects that have a magnetic material like iron inside them (magnetic objects). Magnets can be affected by electricity, which makes them very useful in machines and computers. Magnets are used to make a tight seal on the doors to refrigerators and freezers, etc.
The concept of magnetism will be enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of magnet in electricity, television, speaker, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Bar magnet
- Magnetic and non – magnetic materials.
The pupils know that the common place to easily find magnets are in the speakers.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – MAKING MAGNETS – work in progress