BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – HEAT AND TEMPERATURE I
- Lesson One – Units and Symbols of Temperature Scale
- Lesson Two – Some Uses of Thermometer
- Lesson Three – Taking Measurement with Clinical Thermometer
- Lesson Four – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- identify and name different types of thermometers.
- identify and write the units and symbol of temperature scale.
There are different types of thermometer for measuring temperature. Examples of some thermometer are clinical thermometer, infrared thermometer, gas thermometer, liquid-in-glass thermometer and minimum & maximum thermometer.
The concept of temperature will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate important uses of different types of thermometer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- A chart showing different thermometers.
- A chart showing the units and symbols of temperature correctly.
- Different thermometers
- Flask of hot water.
- Some ice water.
Thermometer is used to measure temperature. Temperature is the degree of hotness or coldness of an object. To measure how hot or cold an object is, we use a thermometer.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials – enotes.com
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES