BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Identification of Building
- Lesson One – Meaning of Building
- Lesson Two – Types of Building
- Lesson Three – Building Materials
- Lesson Four – Revision
- Lesson Five – Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- define building.
- identify different types of building.
- list materials needed for building.
Shelter is one of the basic needs of life. A shelter is a basic architectural structure or building that provides protection from the local environment. Having a place of shelter, of safety and of retreat, i.e. a home, is commonly considered a fundamental human needs. Sometimes, it is called house or ho. The concept of building will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of building to mankind.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart showing different types of building
- Chart showing different materials needed for building.
There are different types of building – a bungalow, storey building, detached building, duplex, school building, church or mosque building, etc. The pupils has the idea of building such a place of rest, market, study, worship, etc. This lesson will help pupils to identify different types of building.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
If this resource has been helpful, share and like our Facebook page or Twitter.
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES