SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC: Binary Number System
- Lesson One – Conversion of base 2 to base 10
- Lesson Two – Conversion of base 10 and base 2
- Lesson Three – Further Practice on conversion between Base 2 to base 10
- Lesson Four – Revision, Quantitative and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Conversion of Base 10 to Base 2;
- Conversion of Base 2 to Base 10;
- Solve Quantitative Reasoning.
Binary is a number system that represent a base 2 number system. This means it only has two numbers: 0 and 1. The application of binary number system is mostly found in computer technology. Computer language and programming is based on the binary number system. That’s 2 – digits numbers (0 and 1).
The concept of binary number system will enable the pupils to the relationship between base 2 and base 10, addition and subtraction of binary number.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of binary number chart.
The pupils have the understanding of basic operations such addition, substation, multiplication and division. This will help to further their understanding on binary number system.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION, QUANTITATIVE AND TEST