READING AND WRITING
TOPIC: Auto Biography
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to write their own life histories.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart of basic information about the pupils themselves.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Related Posts (week 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Auto Biography Writing
Auto biography is a form of descriptive writing which requires:
- Description of oneself, one’s habits, tastes, manners, mental and moral qualities.
- One’s life history.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the similarities and differences between biography and auto biography.
- Pupil’s Activities – Tell the similarities and differences.
- Guides pupils to discover the techniques of writing a good auto Biographies.
- Pupil’s Activities – Write their own auto biography.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
PUPILS TO – Write their own auto biographies.