RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: OUR VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – WHY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OWN HOYSES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State reasons why many people do not own houses in Nigeria.
- List types of houses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of houses
- Resource persons in the town or villages.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
Share and like our Facebook page or Twitter.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF HOUSES
HOUSES IN THE VILLAGES AND TOWNS
Guides the pupils to identify the names of different houses in the village and town on the chart.
A house is a building in which people live. Different houses are built for different purposes. Some are simple and small while other are big and magnificent.
PARTS OF HOUSE
Examples of the parts of a house are –
- Living room or sitting room
- Store room
WHY MANY PEOPLE DO NOT OWN HOUSES
The reasons why people do not own houses including –
- Cost of building materials.
- Difficulty of obtaining loans.
- Problems of land allocation.
TYPES OF HOUSES
There are very many kinds of houses in Nigeria and other parts of the world. These include –
- PRIMITIVE HOUSES
- Mud houses
Lets the pupils identify the primitive houses on charts.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils how to identify types of houses in the town and villages.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention Types of houses in the town and villages.
- Guides pupils to identify problems of ownership of houses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in discussion on problem of house ownership.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Modern Houses and ways of making more people own houses.
- Identify 2 types of houses.
- Give three reasons why people do not own houses.