RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY AS A BASIC UNIT OF THE SOCIETY
PREVIOUS LESSON – EXTENDED FAMILY
TOPIC – QUALITIES OF A GOOD FAMILY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state the qualities of a good family.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Pictures and charts showing moral values such as honesty, contentment, obedience, discipline, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Family is made up of father, mother and their children. Family is made of people who are related to one another by blood. There are 2 types of family – nuclear and extended family.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD FAMILY
Qualities of a good FAMILY include
- Interest of others
- Not greedy
- Not selfish
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
- Guides pupils to identify and explain qualities of a good family.
- Pupil’s Activities – Role play the family, showing the qualities of a good family e.g. honesty, love, caring, etc.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Meaning of family
Pupils to pupils to mention 3 qualities of a good family.