BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – CHANGE IN PLANTS
- Lesson One – Change in Plants I
- Lesson Two – Change in Plants II
- Lesson Three – Change in Plants III
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- plant a seed in a pot.
- observe and describe the changes in the growth of a plant.
- observe and record the changes in the growth of a plant.
- Measure heights using a piece of string.
Many plants are important sources of products that people use, including food, fibers (for cloth), and medicines. Plants also help provide some of our energy needs. In some parts of the world, wood is the primary fuel used by people to cook their meals and heat their homes.
The concept of change in plants will enable the pupils to know about plants that are around them.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Bean seeds soil, plastic cups and water;
- Two sets of flashcards (See Teacher’s note for guide on preparing the flashcards).
Plants grow when seeds or young plants are put in the ground to grow. As the plant grows, changes such increase in height, width and the number of leaves take place. Putting seeds in the ground to grow are not strange to the pupils.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES