BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
THEME – ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE
PREVIOUS LESSON – CHANGE CAUSED BY HUMAN ACTIVITIES
TOPIC – AIR POLLUTION
- Lesson One – Meaning and Causes of Air Pollution
- Lesson Two – Effects and Prevention of Air Pollution
- Lesson Three – Summary and Weekly Assessment
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Explain the meaning of air pollution.
- State the causes and effects of air pollution.
- Discuss how to prevent air pollution.
Pollution is anything that makes our water, land, air and environment dirty and unsafe to use. The release of harmful substances in the air is called air pollution. A smoke from vehicle, generator, smell from dead animals, rotten food, etc. are good examples of air pollution. A dead animal lying on the road causes pollution. This leads to the contamination of the air, water, or soil (land).
In this lesson, the pupils will the concept of air pollution and how to keep air safe from being polluted.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Rotten food
- Dead animals
- Burning papers
- Rising dust in the classroom – sweeping
The pupils can differentiate between a good and bad smell. They covered their nose with their hands or used their book as hand fan whenever one of them fart.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
Share and like our Facebook page or Twitter.
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Meaning and Causes of Air Pollution docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Effects and Prevention of Air Pollution docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Revision and Weekly Assessment