BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
THEME – DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – SYNTHETIC AND NATURALLY OCCURRING DRUGS
TOPIC – DRUGS
- Lesson One – Drug Use and Abuse (Normal Use of Drug and Abnormal Use of Drugs).
- Lesson Two – Effects of Drug Abuse
- Lesson Three – Revision/Short Note and Weekly Assessment
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- Distinguish between drug use and drug abuse.
- List 3 commonly abused drugs.
- Identify the health effects of drug abuse.
- List some effects of drug abuse on the individual, family and the society
A drug is any substance that can affects the operations of the body. The effects can be beneficial or harmful to health. Some drugs are used in the treatment, prevention and cure of a disease and are called medicines.
In this lesson, the pupils will distinguish between drug use and drug abuse and do away with any form of drug abuse or harmful drugs.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a chart showing different substances (e.g., cigarette, marijuana, paracetamol, coffee, kolanut, cough syrup, etc.), empty bottle of alcohol, markers, and cardboard papers.
Drugs are some called medicine. Both synthetic and naturally occurring drugs are basically drugs used by people. The pupils have the knowledge of these drugs.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
Share and like our Facebook page or Twitter.
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES