BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – Earth’s Movement
- Lesson One – Earth and Its Movement – Rotation and Revolution of the Earth
- Lesson Two – Eclipse (Solar and Lunar)
- Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- describe the two important movements of the earth (rotation and revolution) and their effects.
- explain the causes of lunar and solar eclipse and their effects e.g. tide.
- discuss some effects of the earth movement on the environment.
- identify the major sources of light for the earth and other planets.
The earth is the third planet from the sun. It is the only place with different kinds of lives. There are two movements of the earth – rotation and revolution. Earth’s rotation is completed in every 24 hours causing day and night. While earth’s revolution is completed in every 365 days – one year bringing about different seasons at different places at different time.
The concept of earth’s movements will enable the pupils to understand the causes of day and night and appreciate different seasons of the year.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of moon phases
- Light from a Torch light
- Model of the Earth, Moon and the Sun
The pupils have the general knowledge about number of hours in days and number of days in a year. They can identify and differentiate different seasons at different time.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT – REVISION AND TEST