BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
FIRST TERM/PRIMARY 4
SECOND TERM/PRIMARY 6
TOPIC – COLOURS
- Lesson One – Various Colour Around Us and Components of Light – Colour in the Rainbow
- Lesson Two – Primary and Secondary Colours
- Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- separate white light into the component colours;
- identify and name the colours of light (rainbow);
- name objects that have characteristics of natural colours;
- collect and list materials that produce colours;
- sort primary and secondary colours from a collection of coloured plates;
- identify characteristics of colour shades;
- mix primary and secondary colours and identify the shades of colours produced.
Color plays a vitally important role in the world in which we live. In our environment, there are objects of different colours. The blue, green, red, etc. all these colours are used for different purposes. For example, traffic controls, zebra crossing, beautifying objects, identity or differentiate items (groups), design, marking, etc. There are two kind of colours – primary and secondary colours.
The concept of colours will enable the pupils to understand and identify different colours and appreciate the importance of colours in our everyday life.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Glass prism
- White screen or wall
- A colour chart
- Coloured plates or discs
- Clay soil
- Mortar and pestle
- Cardboard papers
- Water colour
- Colour filter
- Various coloured objects
- Colour poster
- Colour discs.
We all have the colour we like best. One person may like green colour best, another may like blue best and yet another may like red colour best. Every colour has somebody who likes it.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Various Colour Around Us and Components of Light – Colour of Rainbow docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Primary and Secondary Colours docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – REVISION AND TEST
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
A. Look around the classroom and name 10 colours on the books, uniform, bags, walls, and so on.
B. Separate the primary colours from secondary colours.